POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post process with filter & transm : Re: Post process with filter & transm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post process with filter & transm
From: Mael
Date: 12 Mar 2001 10:56:39
Message: <3aacf1b7$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm not sure what you expect them to do...they don't really have any
> meaning in the output image. Well, I think one of them is used for the
> alpha value, but I don't think that will help you, unless you want to
> destroy transparent objects through which the background is visible. Try
> checking the depth value instead...if you want to change transparent
> objects, remember that alpha is the opposite of filter or transmit, it's
> an opacity value, where 1 is completely opaque and 0 is transparent.

i ve seen you used the depth information in your stars post process, but
here i would like to see the "background_pigment" given by the user through
transparent objects (by blending(not sure this is the term in english?) rgb
of the specified pigment with the rgb of the object)

i thought the channel filter (or transmit) could be used for that, but it
doesn t seem to work as i expected :(